2. Once you know the node number, announce your call sign on VE3IRO and state the node number you are trying to connect to. Then, using your DTMF pad, enter the node number. You should hear an announcement once your are connected.
3. To disconnect, simply use your DTMF pad and enter “73”.
4. You can practice by connecting to the IRLP echo reflector at 9990.
There are multiple ways to use EchoLink. The repeater is connected to node number 364655 and the call sign of this node is VE3IRO-R.
2. Once you know the node number announce your call sign on VE3IRO and state the node number you are trying to connect to. Then, using your DTMF pad, enter “#” followed by the node number, eg: #364655. You should hear an announcement once you are connected.
3. To disconnect from the node simply use your DTMF pad and enter 73.
4. You can practice by connecting to the test node #9999.
B. Using a computer (or smart phone) as the source:
1. You need to download and install the EchoLink software. You can start here http://www.echolink.org/register_data.jsp. EchoLink is also available for iOS. Before you can use the software you will need to have your call sign validated. Instructions for this are on the site.
2. Once you are validated, launch the software and follow the instructions in the software for connecting to a node.
3. Again, to connect via your computer to the VE3IRO repeater use node number 364655 or search for call sign VE3IRO-R.
C. In summary, using your radio to:
1. Connect to an IRLP node just enter the node number.
2. Connect to an EchoLink node enter # followed by the node number.
3. Disconnect from either type of node enter “73”.